Planning & Zoning FAQs

  • Phone:
    317-745-4180 x1101

What type of building permits are required by the Town?

The Town requires building permits for new construction (residential and commercial), and most types of accessory structures such as fences, sheds, pools, and garages.


What can I do if a property in my neighborhood is overgrown or has trash in the yard?

The Town has an ordinance which prohibits property owners from maintaining a public nuisance such as overgrown yards and/or accumulations of trash or debris. Report the property address to the Town Planner for further action.


How do I find zoning information about a specific property?

The easiest way to find zoning is to click on our Beacon link: <Danville Zoning> . An interactive map will be displayed that allows you to view the zoning layer. 


Does the Town have a licensing requirement for contractors?

No, the Town does not have a licensing requirement.


How do I know if I need a sign permit?

If you are erecting a new sign, modifying an existing sign, or wish to display a temporary sign, you’ll need a permit from the Town. Signage requirements are not complicated, but, they are specific to the location’s zoning, the size of the building, and the type of signage desired. 

How often does the Danville Plan Commission meet?

The Plan Commission holds its regular meeting on the second Monday of each month when there are petitions to be considered. Meetings begin at 7:00 pm in the Council Chambers at Town Hall.

When does the Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) meet?

The BZA meets the third Tuesday of each month as long as there are petitions to be heard. Meetings begin at 7:00 pm in the Council Chambers at Town Hall.

Contact Information

If you have any questions regarding this service, please contact .