Skip over navigationStart Content
The Danville Water Company was established in 1892 and continues to serve Danville's water needs to this day. The current water treatment plant is located at the entrance to Ellis Park and is operated with a staff of four.
The Danville Water Treatment plant is served by four deep water wells located throughout Ellis Park. In addition, there are three elevated water storage tanks serving the Town with a combined capacity of 1.7 million gallons. The tank located on Kentucky Street has been in continuous operation since 1892 and has been recognized as an historical water landmark by the American Waterworks Association. The second tank is located next to North Elementary School on State Road 39 and was put into operation in 1960. The third and most recent addition to the water supply system is a 750,000 gallon elevated water tower located just north of Hendricks Regional Health. It was brought online in 2003. A new water treatment plant was constructed and brought online in the summer of 2005. This new plant utilizes aeration for iron removal to treat the water before it is released into the distribution system.
Water Plant Garage
FOR A NEW WATER SERVICE OR TO CHANGE AN EXISTING SERVICE PLEASE CONTACT THE CLERK-TREASURER'S OFFICE AT 317-745-4180 EXT 7000. All billing and collection is managed by the Clerk-Treasurer's office located at the Danville Town Hall.