The Town Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Town including those activities directed by the Town Council. Gary Eakin has been Danville Town Manager since 1986.
As provided for under state statute, the Town Manager is responsible for the following:
- Attends all Town Council meetings and recommends actions to the Council
- Hires employees according to fixed standards and salary schedules
- Manages employees as necessary for the welfare of the Town
- Delegates authority when applicable to appropriate staff members
- Administers all ordinances, orders, and resolutions adopted by the Town Council
- Ensures that all statutes required to be administered by the Town Council or other Town officials are faithfully administered
- Provides budget estimates for projects and assists the Clerk-Treasurer with preparation of the annual budget
- Executes contracts on behalf of the Town after completing any steps required by statute
In addition to these duties, the Town Manager also coordinates Town Council agendas, serves on the Plan Commission, responds to citizen requests for service or information, and acts as a liaison with other federal, state, & local governmental agencies.